Friday, June 12, 2009

HOMEWARD BOUND

On our journey home we visited the Deming, NM SKP Park and saw this Smart car being hauled up in front of the 5th wheel. I had to have a pic of it! (3/08 and left on 3/15/09).

We also stayed at the Trapark in Pecos, TX, which is the home of the world’s first rodeo back in 1883 on July the 4th. In 1881, the Texas & Pacific RR arrived in Pecos. It was on the Ft. Worth to El Paso route. The Texas & Pacific RR dining cars served the sweet Pecos cantaloupe bringing its nationwide fame. And while Ken was filling the truck up with diesel at the local truck stop, I spotted a couple Rascal Flatts semi trailers and had to have a pic of their truck. I'm sure it was one of their setup trailers but I thought it was cool. I love their music. (Left on 3/17/09)

While in Hondo, TX, we drove up to Fredericksburg (considered TX Hill Country) to attend Trader Days: Six barns and acres of antiques, collectibles, tools, crafts, etc. Also in Fredericksburg we toured Wildseed Farms. It is one of the nation’s largest working wildflower farms. All kinds of flowers growing-they were beautiful. Then the store had the seeds available for sale. I had to buy a few packets.
Then we went through the National Museum of the Pacific War that’s located right on Main Street with parking across the street. I got to see some of the things that my Father might have seen at Iwo Jima. It’s a place to see for anyone that might be traveling through this area.
Very Important: We had the best chicken fried steak at Bill & Rosas in D’Hanis-Just west of Hondo. Ask anyone at the park and they will tell you. It’s great and the waitresses are friendly. We will eat there every time we go through Hondo. (Left on 3/23/09)

3/25/09-Spent the day with my brother, Al, and sister-in-law, Judy, in Broken Arrow, OK. We spent most of the day visiting and then Judy and I had to get a little shopping trip in. My niece, Angela, and her husband, Larry, came over with their babies-Nicholas, Kaitlyn and Lauren for a hamburger cookout. We all had a great time. Kaitlyn and Lauren are winking at me. :)

Then it was finally home for us to Bella Vista, AR on Thursday, March 26, 2009. We got back just in time for the last snow storm of the season on the 28th. Boy where is that AZ sunshine??

No comments: